The Dorma 99 respirator is a reusable, exhalation-valve-free respirator designed for healthcare workers. The Dorma 99 features an integrated square HEPA filter at the center of the facepiece which both inhaled and exhaled air travels through. The Dorma 99 is a product created by Dorma Filtration, the PPE division of Dorma Lab.
The Dorma 99 respirator is approved by Health Canada as a 99PFE-L3 respirator (surgical N99 equivalent). The Dorma 99 comes in 3 sizes - small, medium and large (see sizing guide).
Due to the large HEPA filter at the center of the respirator facepiece, the Dorma 99 is relatively easy to talk through compared to other elastomeric respirators. Unlike most other reusable respirators, the Dorma 99's filter is integrated into the unit and is not designed to be user-replaceable.
Dorma Lab, the producer of the Dorma respirator, previously made products for addressing sleep apnea and other sleep disorders. The Dorma 99 and Dorma 95 are manufactured by MI Protection, a division of MI Integration.
- Dorma 99 official website.
- Dorma 99 purchase website - can be ordered here, from MI Protection.
- Dorma 99 user guide from the manufacturer.
- Cleaning instructions video and user instructions video.
- "Doctor from New Brunswick develops safer, reusable N99 mask" - CBC news story on the Dorma 99
- List of respirators - list of respirators with Encycla pages